Andrea has been an endurance athlete for over three decades. Born and raised in Philadelphia Andrea began rowing in college as a freshman at La Salle University and has been pursing athletic goals ever since. She achieved moderate success as an elite rower including representing the United States at the 1995 Pan American Games in the women’s lightweight quadruple sculls winning a gold medal. After 15 years of competitive rowing Andrea turned to running for a different athletic challenge. Over the last decade she has gradually spent more time in her running shoes than in her boat.
In recent years Andrea has set her sights on completing a marathon in each of the 50 states. There have been a few setbacks, including hip surgery in fall of 2014, but in November 2017 she set a new marathon PR at the Indianapolis Marathon. As of early 2021 her total is 28 marathons in as many states.
Always fond of trail running she likes to work in trail adventures here are a few of her more exciting runs...
- May 13, 2014 - Grand Canyon double crossing in 13 hours 26 minutes,
- August 2016 - Wonderland Trail around Mt. Rainier in three days,
- August 2017 - Timberline Trail around Mt. Hood in one very hot, very long day
Andrea lives in Seattle with her husband, three daughters aged 20, 18 & 14, and two dogs. She is a CPA, specializing in tax although now Electro-Bites is her only client. She currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Pocock Rowing Foundation in Seattle.
Andrea’s notable running times:
- Marathon PR – 3:19:18 (2017 Indianapolis Marathon)
- Half-marathon PR – 1:38:05 (2012 Mercer Island Half Marathon)
- Pikes Peak marathon time – 6:29:26 (2010)
Visit Andrea’s (out of date) running blog with marathon times at http://runbonaccorsi.blogspot.com